With the Themes & Branding options you can change the default theme (font styles, color theme and banner/logo images) for your Papyrs intranet, to match the style of your organization. The white labeling options allow you to change the entire visual appearance, customize the notification emails, and use your own name in the interface instead of Papyrs'.
This page will describe the options and how to set them up.
Note: Custom domain is only available from the Business plan and higher.
To set up a custom domain, follow the steps below:
- Decide on a subdomain name you would like to use, for example
https://intranet.yourcompany.com (you need to be owner of this domain).
- Change the DNS settings of your subdomain to point it to the address of the Papyrs servers.
You can do this by adding a CNAME record to the DNS zone file. Point the CNAME to custom.papyrs.com.
- Some DNS providers require the . (dot) at the end, others don't
- Just to be clear: we literally mean custom.papyrs.com here, so don't replace "custom" with your account name. If there is an existing A record for your subdomain, remove it so only the CNAME to custom.papyrs.com remains.
- Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) by filling out the form at
- If you already have a custom domain set up and you need to renew your SSL certificate you can skip this step and re-use the CSR you used last time.
- If instead of using the form you choose to generate the Certificate Signing Request yourself, please bear in mind that the certificate has to be for a subdomain and the SSL certificate has to match the subdomain, i.e. it cannot be a wildcard certificate.
- Purchase an SSL security certificate for this domain or subdomain.
- You can use an SSL vendor of your choice.
- Use the CSR you created in the previous step to get the certificate signed.
- Download the Public Key and Intermediate Certificate files from the SSL vendor (sometimes these files are available for download, sometimes they're automatically emailed to you).
- If you can select a format for the certificate, please select Apache (PEM format).
- Certificates usually need to be renewed every year or so. When your certificate is about to expire (your SSL vendor will usually contact you in time), just renew using the existing CSR and send us the new files.
- Send the SSL certificate files you got from the SSL vendor (the Public key + Intermediate certificate files) to us at [email protected]. We'll apply the custom domain settings to your account, and let you know once everything's set up. You can now access your account from your domain!
Note: White-labeling is only available from the Large plan and higher.
With this option you'll get a new input option on the Theme Editor screen where you can enter your own custom CSS codes. With custom CSS, you can change the complete visual appearance of any screen in Papyrs. If you're not familiar with CSS, any web designer should be able to help with that. Again, we can help you get started with some additional instructions. Contact us and we'll enable the Custom CSS setting for your account.
Notification email footer & logo
Notification emails include the logo and information of Papyrs in the footer. If you want to replace it with your own logo and/or text, please send us the text and/or logo and we'll apply it to your account.
Custom user profile fields
With the People Directory and user profiles you can easily find back people and let your employees share details like their expertise, phone number, birthday and so on. Although each member of the intranet can fully edit their own individual profile page, the profile cards and table view in the People Directory give a quick overview of a default list of attributes (like a bio, position, phone and address details, website and/or twitter links). With the whitelabel option you can add additional custom fields which are relevant and specific to your company. Send us the fields you would like to add, and we'll add them to your account (they will be visible in the user's profile settings, People Directory and profile pages).
Invitation emails are sent out when you invite someone new to your Papyrs account. Next to a custom message, they also include information on what Papyrs is. With white labeling you can change all the text in the email. To check what the emails currently look like, go to Settings > People > Invite new users > preview the welcome email. If you want to change the text and/or the subject, just send us the new text, and we'll apply it to your account.
The Favicon is the little icon that your browser shows when you visit a page in your account. It's set to the Papyrs logo by default, and looks like this: . If you want to change the icon, just send us a new logo and we'll apply it to your account.
At various places throughout the interface the name Papyrs is used, in page titles or settings screens, for example. If you want to replace this with your own internal name, let us know and we'll apply it to your account. (This does not apply to the URL in the address bar, see the Custom Domain section above for more details on how to customize that. It also doesn't apply to the documentation, but we can optionally hide the link to the documentation in the dropdown menu.)