Papyrs comes with a People Directory, which you can use to easily get an overview of everyone on the intranet, and quickly look up their details.
You can access the People Directory from the menu bar here:
Administrators can also access all user related settings directly from the People Directory, from changing permissions, to inviting new users. The People Directory will look something like this:
You can find the following elements here:
- This button allows Administrators to edit the following people settings:
- Change the default view of the People Directory (view as table or thumbnails).
- When viewing people in a table, which columns should be shown. The available columns are: Name, Email, Joined at, Website, Twitter, Telephone (Home, Work & Mobile), Position, Street, City, Zipcode, State, Country, Bio and Birthday.
- Whether or not to show the filters (for switching between Groups)
- Default permissions for Google Apps users.
- A list of all Groups in the account. They can be used to group people together and make it easier browse, to set permissions and share messages on the activity stream.
- A list of upcoming birthdays (users can set the birthday on their profile)
- Click on a user to view a summary of their details or view the entire profile.
- A list of all users in this view
- The Group dropdown menu shows options for the Group which is currently selected, such as changing the name, setting an icon, or changing permissions for the people in the group.
- Inviting people
Profile PagesIn Papyrs, all members of the team can create a user profile. On this profile, users can fill in their status, information about their (current) availability, position in the team, expertise, etc. Other members of the team can view these profiles and leave comments on the profile pages (if they have permission to access the People Directory).
It's a bit like a private social network for your team or company, or like an employee directory.
You can edit your profile settings on the Settings page (go to Settings, and click General).
You can navigate to a user profile if you click on someone's profile picture, for example in the comments, or from the People Directory. You can also reach your own profile, from the Settings page.
A user profile looks something like this:
Because a profile page is just a page like any other, you can add all kinds of other content or customize the layout.
The profile pages are visible to all team members with access to the People Directory, but are not public, and cannot be viewed by people you invite via email to share a page.