Using wiki like software to build a knowledge baseA lot of information needs to be shared in teams. Procedures, manuals, handbooks, instructions, news, projects and client information, and much more. It saves a lot of time if every employee or client has direct access to the information they need. It's also important people can quickly add and update new information, so that everyone always has access to an up to date knowledge base. Wiki's are a popular way to build these knowledge bases, linking together many pages with all kinds of information. Unfortunately, it can be hard and expensive to set it up, and to train people how to use it.
How Papyrs is different from a traditional wikiWith Papyrs, we wanted to design something that allows you to share information like a wiki, but without having its users need to learn all kinds of markup languages just to write a simple document. On top of that, an internal company wiki needs more functionality than public pages with text — we wanted to make it easier to add all kinds of other content, such as files, forms or an image gallery. Papyrs is also fully hosted, meaning you can access your information anywhere right from the browser, and there's nothing to download, install, configure or maintain. An overview:
- Write documents using a rich text editor (WYSIWYG, or what you see is what you get). No need to learn any weird markup or programming languages! This makes it easier and faster for your colleagues to get started and keep content up-to-date.
- Add rich and dynamic content: add files, documents, image galleries, social media widgets and online forms.
- Get notifications on page updates. See at a glance which parts of a page were changed.
- Have discussions about documents directly on pages.
- Find everything back in less than a second with find-as-you-type search.
- Use the branding features to adjust the visual theme to match your company's style.
- Use fine grained permission settings to specify who has what kind of access to which information.
- Keep the information private in your company or team with password protected user accounts, or share with external people or the world.
- Fully hosted. There is nothing to download, configure or install, and it's accessible from anywhere!
Not using Papyrs yet? Give it a try — free trial!